Spring 2023: the Ultimate Style Guide
Spring is in the air and we have a guide to help you find the best and brightest styles for the season. It’s time to switch your dull winter clothes for a brighter, spring wardrobe. Need some style inspiration? Get ready for spring in London with our style experts. Here are some tips to help you to look and feel your best.
Style Tips for a Fuller Figure
The right clothing can make you feel confident and showcase your personality. When you have a fuller figure, it can often be challenging to find clothes that are comfortable, stylish, and of course, flattering for your body type. Thankfully, with the right style tips and tricks, you can accentuate your curves and feel confident in your own skin.
What Looks Good on a Curvy Figure?
Whether you're headed to the office, a formal event, or just have an elegant dinner party to attend, these tips will help you to choose the right fabrics and prints to feel confident and fashionable no matter the occasion.
- Embrace the perfect fit: It may be tempting to wear oversize dresses, but oversized clothing hides your curves and is quite unflattering. Instead of bulky clothing, try fitted dresses, skirts, and jumpsuits that accentuate your curves and elongate your legs.
- Invest in quality shapewear: Shapewear helps to accentuate your figure and feel comfortable no matter what you choose to wear. The best part of shapewear is that it is discreet so you can wear it as underwear.
- Choose the right fabrics: Look for fabrics that drape well and are not too clingy, such as cotton, lace, silk dupion, or certain velvet fabrics.
- Go for V-necklines: V-necklines are universally flattering and can help to elongate your neck and create a more balanced silhouette.
- Choose the right prints: Opt for prints that are smaller and evenly spaced, as opposed to large, bold prints that could be a distraction from your beautiful face and curves.
- Try a pop of colour: It is a misconception that fuller figures need to use darker or boring colours. Rather focus on complementing your skin tone and hair colour. Don't be afraid to experiment with colours such as brighter hues especially as the weather begins to warm up.
- Add a wrap or coat: Wraps and coats can help you to create a more defined waistline and balance out your curves. It is also an essential piece for seasons such as Spring when the weather is still a bit cooler.
- Accessories: Beautiful headwear, necklaces, earrings, and belts can help to draw attention to the areas you want to highlight and complete your look.
Remember everyone’s proportions are different so focus on dressing for your body shape, rather than your size. The most important thing is to feel confident and comfortable in what you wear.
What to Wear to a Spring Wedding?
Spring weddings are always lovely occasions, and there are so many bespoke outfit choices. However, when it comes to deciding what to wear, dressing for a spring wedding can be rather challenging as the season brings unpredictable weather. It is important to choose spring clothing that is stylish and practical. Dive into your spring wedding fashion choices with these top tips.
- Go for floral prints: Springtime is all about flowers and florals. Embrace the season by wearing a floral dress or jumpsuit. Whether you go for a bold, bright print or a more subtle floral pattern.
- Light fabrics: The weather can be unpredictable in spring, but in general it is cooler so try choosing light and breathable fabrics such as lace, cotton, or silk dupion. Wrap or lace spring dresses are comfortable to wear and won't leave you feeling too chilly if the temperature drops.
- Natural colours: Naturals are the perfect colour palette for spring. Soft pewter, gold, ivory are all great choices for a spring wedding as they look fresh and light.
- Layer up: Afraid it might rain? Layer up by adding a stylish. Wraps can be used over a dress or skirt, even with a light cardigan or blazer that you can remove if it gets too warm.
Style tip: Try our range of stylish wraps designed for evening wear and weddings.
- Accessorise: Add some statement accessories such as a fascinator or headwear to add some sparkle and glam to your outfit. Don’t forget to keep it simple and elegant.
Remember, no matter what outfit you choose, it’s important to be respectful of the dress code. A spring wedding can have a range of dress codes, from casual to formal. The wedding invitation should give you an idea of the dress code or you can ask the bride or groom for advice.
Mother of a Bride or Groom: How to Plan the Perfect Outfit
As a mother of the bride or groom, you want to look your best. You are probably struggling to find that perfect dress that is both appropriate for the occasion and comfortable. Have a spring wedding? It is never too early to prepare for a summer wedding, autumn, or winter wedding either. It can be a daunting task, but with a few key tips to help you find the most charming dress.
- Consider the wedding venue and time of day: A daytime outdoor wedding will call for a different dress than an evening indoor wedding. For a daytime wedding, a light-coloured dress with a shorter hemline and breathable fabric is ideal. Try cotton or lace dresses with a floral print for an outdoor ceremony. Indoor weddings can be warmer so try silk, velvets, and sequins.
- Match your personal style: Choose a dress that you feel comfortable and confident in, as this will make all the difference on the big day. If you love bold prints and bright colours, there's no reason to shy away from them. If you prefer a more elegant design, try a classic shift dress in a neutral shade.
- Don’t forget to accessorise: A great pair of shoes or a stylish head wrap can take your outfit from simple to fabulous. Add a pop of colour with a statement necklace or earrings or make your outfit sparkle with a lovely coat. Adding a wrap can also be a practical and stylish addition, especially if the wedding is in the evening when the temperature may drop.
Tips for Selecting a Stylish Holiday Wardrobe
When it comes to packing for a holiday, one of the most exciting parts is selecting the perfect wardrobe. There are so many different styles, colours, and accessories to choose from that it can be overwhelming to know where to start. If you want to make sure your holiday wardrobe is gorgeous, here are some tips to help you make the right choices.
- Check the weather: Before you start packing, take a look at the weather forecast for your destination to determine what kind of clothing you should bring. If it's going to be hot and sunny, you'll need plenty of light, airy clothes. But if it's going to be cooler or rainy, you'll want to pack more layers such as jackets, coats, and wraps.
- Choose multiple outfits: To make the most of your holiday wardrobe, choose multiple outfits by finding items that can be mixed and matched. For example, a sunny wrap dress can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion by pairing it with sandals during the day and heels, and a coat for a night out.
- Don't forget the accessories: Accessories can make or break an outfit, so make sure you pack a selection of headwear, wraps, and sunglasses to complete your holiday looks. Add a statement necklace to dress up a plain outfit.
Packing for a holiday can be both fun and challenging. Just remember to keep it comfortable, and stylish to ensure that you look and feel your best on your vacation.
Style tip : Why not try our new Kaftan Dress for a dramatic and striking silhouette
How to Pick the Best Evening Gowns
When it comes to attending a formal event, choosing the right evening gown can be difficult. The perfect evening gown should not only flatter your figure but also make you feel confident and beautiful. Here are some tips to help you pick the best evening gowns for your next formal occasion.
- Consider the dress code of the event: Do you know what the appropriate length, style, and colour of your gown should be? Well, a black-tie event typically requires a full-length gown, while a semi-formal event may allow for a shorter cocktail or midi-dress. Simply check the dress code for a good idea of what to look for when shopping for your evening gown.
- Consider your body type: Look for an evening gown that flatters your figure and makes you feel confident. The right dress should accentuate your curves and help balance out your proportions.
Style tip: Bombshell London has a wide range of dress sizes so consider the right fit for your shape. Our velvet wrap dress is a popular choice for an evening gown for spring events.
- Consider the fabric of the gown: It’s important to choose a fabric that compliments your body type and the occasion. Satin, silk, and velvet are luxurious options for a black-tie event, while cotton and lace are more suitable for a semi-formal or outdoor event.
- Choose a suitable colour: Dark, rich colours like black, navy, and burgundy are classic options that work well for most formal events. If you want to add some colour, however, consider jewel tones or pastels, which are both popular choices for evening gowns.
Regardless of the dress you choose, make sure you feel comfortable in your evening gown. Ensure the dress fits well and allows you to move freely, as you'll be wearing it for several hours.
What Colours Are Most Popular to Wear in Spring?
Spring is an exciting time to shop for clothes. From stylish dresses, to warm spring coats and bright spring shirts, we have tips to help you choose the best colours to refresh your wardrobe for the season.
Popular Colours to Wear in Spring
- Jewel colours: Jewel colours are always a great choice for spring, and they continue to be popular year after year. Try shades of fuschia pink, emerald green, electric blue, and sunshine yellow to add a touch of happiness to any outfit. Jewel shades are also versatile as you can accessorise them in so many ways!
- Orange and red: Bright shades of orange and red are perfect for adding some energy to your wardrobe. These colours are particularly popular in the form of flowy dresses, wrap dresses, and skirts, but they can also be incorporated into your outfits through accessories like wraps or headwear.
- Neutrals: Spring doesn’t have to be too colourful if you don’t want something too striking. For a neutral look, try shades of beige, or cream, or choose a white dress for a fresh and clean look. Neutral colours can be paired with any other colour so they are perfect for a casual or sophisticated outfit.
Spring and the upcoming warmer summer are exciting seasons for fashion lovers. There are so many exciting styles and trends to look forward to. From bold and bright colours to playful prints and unexpected silhouettes, Bombshell London has a clothing range to suit classic or contemporary looks.
Shop our spring wardrobe to stay on top of the latest trends and make a statement this season!